Since we've been busy with holidays and then our Disney vaca, we haven't gotten a chance to put together our 2011 goals post, so here it is!
1. Run injury-free all year: This means that I really need to continue to focus on my core, stretching, and yoga. Being prone to IT-band issues, I need to make rolling, stretching, and occasional massage a part of my running routine.
2. Complete a 50 miler: This is a pretty simple one. I really would like to do the StoneCat 50 miler in November, or maybe the Vermont 50. Who knows, we shall see.
3. Complete at least two 50kms: Another pretty simple one. Pineland Farms 50km is one for sure. I'm sure I'll be able to find a second one. There's quite a few around here.
4. Go for more long bike rides this summer: Miss Bethany bought me an awesome bike helmet for Christmas, and I want to put it to good use this spring/summer.
5. Complete another 2 of my graduate courses, so that I will be 1/2 of the way to my Master's degree in Structural Engineering: :-)
6. Be a good husband: :-) (but I still have 4 months before I have to worry about this one)
Other Bonus Goals/Thoughts: I don't really have any major goals of setting PRs this year. If it happens, it happens, but I just haven't set up my 2011 race schedule in such a way that PRs are a major goal. I'd love to hit a 3:50 marathon at some point, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Running healthy all year, and focusing on my long-distance trail races are my priorities.
Miss Bethany's Goals:
1. Continue my injury-free streak.
2. Complete my second 50 miler: (this time with Ryan)
3. Go for more long bike rides this summer: (60+ miles)
4. More lifting: (especially lower body)
5. Drop a couple pounds: (so I can run faster)
6. Read a total of 15 books this year: Expanding on my 2010 goal of one book per month.
7. Continue to try to floss more often.
8. Be a good wife: :-) (but I still have 4 months before I have to worry about this one)
9. Take and pass my National Interpreter Certification Test.
That's all for us, what are your goals for the year?! Have a great week, everyone!