Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Leaving for Alaska!

Today we leave for Anchorage, AK! We fly from Boston to Denver, and Denver to Anchorage. We'll get in at 10:30pm AK time, 2:30am Boston time. Hopefully we will be able to snooze on the plane.
The marathon is on Saturday, we are just running it for fun, will probably finish around 4:15:00-4:20:00. Maybe even slower, we hear it's pretty hilly. Of course they are showing rain for the whole week!
 We will be staying with Bethany's parents who have been out in Alaska for about a month now. They drove there in their RV all the way from Cape Cod, MA, lol. They created a blog specifically for their trip so people back home could keep in touch. The stuff they have posted so far is amazing! Ryan and I can't wait! 
http://randladventures.tumblr.com/
Not sure if we will have access to the internet where we are staying. Mom says services comes and goes, so you may not hear from us until we get back on June 23rd. We will post then if not sooner!!!!!

So long for now!!

14 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Have a great race and ENJOY!! Safe travels.

Emz said...

Have a blast!

Enjoy it!!

Will look forward to the race report!!

Jen said...

Have a great trip and a great race! It sounds amazing, I would love to see Alaska.

Katie A. said...

WOW! Alaska! Very cool! Enjoy the race and take great notes, we will want to hear all about it!

Marlene said...

Have a great trip/race!

misszippy said...

Have a great trip and a great race! Should be one for the books, I'm sure.

Denise said...

how amazing!! have so much fun, enjoy the trip and safe travels!!

Kayla said...

Have an amazing time! I would love to go to Alaska some day! Have fun, enjoy the race!

Jennifer said...

Good luck, have fun and run like crazy!

Johann said...

Awesome! Have a fantastic time and run!

Unknown said...

have a great time

Katye said...

have fun! alot of my team is going and I'm so jealous! Can't wait till my "running for fun" time is 4:20! That's my "kick my butt and push to the end" time!

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous - I wish I was headed to Alaska! Have a great trip and an awesome race!

Marci said...

I know it's a little late... but safe travels and hope the race went well!